Despite the common connection to entertainment and gaming, virtual reality and 360º video present significant opportunities in the fields of humanities and education. As with any new medium, there are key UX, UI, and IxD considerations that are inherent to designing for immersive content. By understanding these unique affordances and constraints, designers will be better equipped to design creative and actionable solutions that create richer, more comfortable experiences.
What you’ll learn:
- An understanding of the vernacular of immersive media (360º video, immersive cinema, virtual reality, and augmented reality)
- UX, UI, and IxD considerations when designing for immersive media
- An overview of how to prototype for immersive content
- Conceptual and strategic considerations when planning for and creating immersive content
- The do's and don'ts of immersive media - when it's right, and when it isn't